Time to blog…
In February I launched my “Permission To Thrive in 2012 Tour.” So far I’ve given 8 talks to over 125 people. The response has been amazing. The mix of the concepts of permission and thriving has really hit a chord. People attending the events have been highly engaged and we’ve had trouble keeping the evenings to two hours.
One thing people have been asking for are my Seven Steps to Giving Yourself Permission. So here they are…
- Get a guide – It is you who will be giving yourself permission. But most people need a guide, someone who knows the terrain and can assist you to get to the gateway.
- Explore and Envision – Pick an area in your life and explore what you really want. What would your life be like if you had what you really want in this area?
- Identify your programming that has reasons, rationalizations and excuses that you give yourself and say you can’t have what you want.
- Resource - Give yourself a resource. Imagine someone in your life who would say, “Go for it!” Let them give you permission until you are ready to give it to yourself.
- Commit - Write down the permission you are giving yourself. Commit to having it in the face of potential internal, familial, community or even societal boat rocking.
- Act – Identify the next step towards having it and take that action.
I’d love to hear what kinds of permission people are giving themselves. Permission to say, “No.” Permission to say, “Yes?” Permission to take Friday nights off? What permission are you giving yourself that leads to greater thriving and less suffering?
Look forward to more posts and articles on each of these steps as well as on the topics of permission and thriving.